Sunday, March 08, 2009

Windows 2008 Server R2 and VMware ESXi

Finally, I had an enough time to work on my tower PC and installed Windows 2008 Server R2 Beta. Of course, I'm interested in Hyper-V.



Actually, I tried Windows 2008 Server about one year ago but I got a fatal trouble in installing that saying "Cannot find Install.wim" even I can find the file on the burnt DVD disc using Windows XP. After all, I gave up R1(?) in those days and time flies... :(
Anyway, I'm on the start line, and the next thing I have to do is making more *time*, not money... :o

One more thing about Windows 2008. I didn't know that Windows 2008 supports resizing, especially shrinking partition size. The right above picture shows logical disk manager window of Japanese version Windows. Thus, I don't need 'ntparted' included in KNNOPIX anymore.

BTW, today I tried to install also VMware ESXi, but the right below picture is what I got.
Trouble after trouble.
Sigh... :(

No comments: