Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mt. Fuji



I was born in the central part of Shizuoka.
Mt. Fuji was always there, and so indeed I feel it's beautiful and great, but it's not so special seeing the mountain.

I saw Mt. Fuji on my way back to Tokyo from one day trip to my home town today to visit my grandma at a hospital. Actually, yesterday was her birthday, and now she is 97 years old now!
She took the cure at a hospital and bounced back a couple of times so far. But, this time the situation looked like a bit different. Actually, on the birthday of grandma, all the relatives there including my mother, uncles and my brother and I were feeling that she have lived a full life without mentioning so.

This morning, before visiting her again, we got a good news that she became conscious and began to have food again. We know that it's not so long when she leaves this life, but anyway all the descendants of her hope to have some more happy days with her. Especially, I hope she can celebrate the summer festival with her two great grand daughters this year.
Of course, one is my daughter. :)

Thus, I saw Mt. Fuji with a deep emotion today.

No comments: