Monday, March 09, 2009

Purple Screen?



Well, it's not blue screen, but purple screen. (!?)
The screen seems to be called PSOD, "Purple Screen of Death."

As I wrote yesterday, I got a trouble in installing VMware ESXi using my PentiumD(!) box with a bit old Intel 945G based GIGABYTE M/B. Not only installing ESXi locally but even booting up from a USB stick failed. :(

So, I was checking if I can boot up VMware ESXi from the USB stick on my ThinkPad X61 to see which of the USB stick or others causes the problem.
The boot process on the ThinkPad succeeded, and it's OK so far.

But, I saw the above purple screen when I shutdown the ESXi.
What was wrong? :(

BTW, I found an interesting screenshot in Flicker.
16Way Opteron!
Amazing...

One more thing.
It seems that Vista also has PSOD and RSOD!?
I would like a Green Screen of Death for the heaven. :)

No comments: