Thursday, August 30, 2007

Akihabara

Today, I got a half day off in the afternoon and went to Akihabara almost 1 year interval on my way back home.
I didn't know that now wide area of Akihabara, not only just around the JR Akihabara station but also the electric shop area, is under re-construction. But anyway, looking at a huge empty space where formerly a branch of Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi was there, I walked into the deep Akihabara. :)

Till the last time I was always there because I wanted somethings related to PC.
But, this time I went there to get some simple electric parts like the following. :o


  • A 9-pin D-sub connector
  • Cables with IC clips
  • A Triple size AA battery case
  • Straight single pin headers (40pins)
I bought them at Sengoku Densho (千石電商) in Akihabara, and it's 1,670 yen in total except the size AA batteries. As the cables are a bit delicate ones, 200 yen per one cable. :o

The photo below shows test run of a dsPIC board which I wrote before using the cables above.


The red LED left below is blinking and passed the initial power on test. :)

No comments: