Monday, April 19, 2004

OYSTER BAR

On Sunday, I had a dinner at Grand Central Oyster Bar & Restaurant,
Tokyo
in Shinagawa. :)

As you can see among general web pages and magagines, it's been
extremely crowded in the dinner time of weekend days. Today,
fortunately I had a reservation, but I heard that some people are
saying "Oh my god! Two hours wait!" Anyway, it seems to be better to
have a reservation. :)

Today, I tried raw "Steller Bay" Oyster from British Columbia,
Canada. Compared to Japanese oysters, I felt it a bit bland. But,
there were some more kinds of oysters and they are apparently imported
ones. I'd be better to try them in New York, and I will do so
someday. :o)

As for other dishes, I like NY style fried oysters and oyster stew.

Meanwhile, it's often said that there is a great difference in amount
of foods for one person. I realized again that when I had a dessert,
raspberry sorbet. :o)




No comments: