Thursday, April 01, 2004

12 Girls Band

On the last Saturday, I bought 2 CDs of "12 Girls Band".

One is a CD and DVD combo package of a live concert in Tokyo, and its title is
Shining Energy.

http://global.yesasia.com/en/artIdxDept.aspx/aid-523537/code-j/section-music/

Recently, they are very popular not only in Japan but also eastern asian countries. All of them have established techniques of Chinese traditional musical instruments, and in addition they are slender and cute. :o)

Aside from that, I was surprised because the album contains their performance
of a tune from Irish dance music, "Reel Around The Sun",
famous for River Dance show.

Since I watched the River Dance show last year, I really love Irish dance
and music very much. And I love also folkloric music.
Thus, The 12 Girls Band version of "Reel Around The Sun" grabbed my heart
in two senses. But, what comes at the true reason might be that both of them,
I mean River Dance and 12 Girls Band, appeal to our primitive feeling
in common.

Note that both the CD and the DVD contain "Reel Around The Sun", and
my recommendation is definitely DVD. :)

I hope their world wide success.

No comments: