Friday, March 19, 2010

A LISP Textbook



LISP For Beginners Revised Edition (初めての人のためのLISP 増補改訂版)
Ikuo Takeuchi
ISBN 978-4-7981-1941-0

I bought this book today.
The author is Professor Takeuchi whom I mentioned in the beginning of this month.

Actually, I studied LISP about 15 years ago using Winston and Horn, but it's a quite standard textbook and in other word boring for me.

You can understand that the textbook is abnormal by skimming it within a minute. :o
It consists of mainly dialogs of Professor K and students, and what the most important thing is that it tells us philosophy of LISP and computer science throughout the book.

Actually, the book has been out of prints for years. But, Professor Takeuchi revised it greatly and published again yesterday. :)

It's worth reading if you are working on computer science. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for introducing it, if I have a time, I will read it :)
BTW, I studied Lisp by Abelson's book(*1).
It was very impressive for me and I understand Object-Oriented programming by reading it.
Until then, I didn't understand the difference of C and C++ :-)

(*1)Now it is open by web. please access to http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/sicp/book/book.html