Monday, March 08, 2010

IT Architect?

I'm running a twitter clone system at work, and I was a bit shocked seeing a tweet today. :(

Well, the guy who tweeted it is known as an really excellent engineer inside us, and his specialty covers mainly software architecture. Thus, he has been in charge of middle ware level framework such as Spring or so. Recently, he also worked on cloud computing, and thus I thought of course he knew what is GAE, Google App Engine, including Pros/Cons.

But, it turned out that he didn't know that GAE does not have support of RDBMS so far!

Of course, I believe that today he understand the essential things on GAE and do right things.
But the problem is, that even I, mainly in charge of infrastructure layer, knew such a basic issue more than 1 year ago, and he is one of lead software architects of us.

I'm wondering where my employer is going... :(

P.S.
Ohta-san, I'm not talking about Masatani-san. Other guy whom you don't know.

No comments: