Wednesday, June 11, 2008

VMWorld 2008

As I have written several times recently, I'm working on virtualization at work.

At this moment, we are in a research and planning stage especially on gathering best practices of applying virtualization technology for production systems.
Thus, I often have meetings with engineers from various departments of my employer and various companies these days, but I got almost no useful information. :(
For example,
  • What is the typical successful use case of virtualization?
  • Can we say simple horizontal consolidation is one of best practices?
or so.
I just want to hear something from their actual experiences, but anyway they usually clam up as if they were being interrogated. :o

Today when I was searching presentations given at VMWorld 2008 Europe, I found a lot of presentations which give me what I wanted.
I'm wondering if engineers in Japan working on (at least) VMware read them...

BTW, here comes to the point.
Hey, Uchikawa-san, Ushida-san,
I want to be there at VMWorld 2008 held at the Venetian Hotel, Las Vegas, in September because there are many important and attendees only technical sessions. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Uchikawa-San, Ushida-San,

can I go with Itoh-San?

Thanks, really appreciate it ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi, samuel,

I am one of colligues of him.
There is no reason for you to go with Mr. Itoh, because we really want to gather "practical knowledge of virtualization".
Currently, as he says, there is no good informations or know-hows of virtualizaion.
I don't have any actual previleges for him to go, but I am able to support him if he wants to go.