Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A SIGNAL Profiler Published

Today, I uploaded my SIGNAL profiler for Linux kernel which I wrote (a bit) before to my SourceForge project page.

The package name is sigprof-0.4.tar.gz, and it contains kernel patches for 2.6.23, 2.6.22, 2.6.18, and 2.6.9-42.EL (RHEL4 U4 kernel).

At first, I thought this idea was not so bad. But, after looking into Systemtap to do some other trouble shooting works, I found that there are more comprehensive scripts for SIGNAL related research in Systemtap scripts page.

So, now sigprof is public but also hibernated. :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The following systemtap script could approximate your patch's work:


probe kernel.function("send_signal"),
kernel.function("send_sigqueue") {
signals <<< $sig
}
global signals
probe end {
print(@hist_linear(signals,0,63,1))
}