Sunday, July 22, 2007

Grill Wisteria

The Grill Wisteria is one of restaurants of Fujiya Hotel.
I had a curry and rice dinner course for the dinner.

Some literature says that Fujiya Hotel first offered curry and rice in Japan against the common belief that it's Shinjuku Nakamuraya that offered curry and rice first. I'm not sure and I do not care what is the fact after all, but anyway, I wanted to try their, Fujiya Hotel's, curry and rice. :)



The above left is consomme and the left is the curry and rice with sea foods. :)
Its taste is not so spicy, but not too mild neither. I think the taste stick with the original, old good and a bit naive curry and naive taste when curry and rice was imported to Japan.
Anyway, exquisite taste, I think. :)

Also, here is my dessert.



BTW, Nikko Kanaya Hotel is also famous for their "curry and rice of 100 years."
I guess curry and rice was one of symbols of modernization in those days. :)

No comments: