Wednesday, April 01, 2009

In Memory of Yuka

Today, one of my cousins, Yuka, past away because of cancer.
She was only 29 years old.

I know her since she was a new born baby, and I met her about 3 times every year, end of the year/new year season, summer festival season and the lantern festival season. Since she was a small child, she had been a very active girl. The most impressive memory of her for me is that she ran into a glass door and broke it when she was about 3 years old. Thus, she had a crescent shape scar on her forehead like Harry Potter. :o
After she had grown up, she loved Mr. Children, a very popular Japanese rock band very much, and she studied English in her university days. Actually, I and she shared some likings.

BTW, my grandma was also in hospital this month. During her stay at the hospital, a cancer was found in her stomach, and we were a bit shocked because my mother also got a cancer about 5 years ago. So, my mother's family line could be a cancer family.
I hope that my daughter didn't inherit that gene... :(

I hope that she can take a good rest in the heaven.

No comments: