Monday, April 20, 2009

Ideas of Phenomenology



Ideas of Phenomenology 現象学の思想
Gen Kida (木田元)
ISBN 4-480-08570-X

Well, actually it was too aggressive trying to work on books on philosophy
for me. I gave up the book. :(

I could understand the big picture of ideas of phenomenology, but there are
too many undefined terms for me and adjunctive expressions beyond
my understanding in the book. :(
Anyway, phenomenology was an effort to re-formulate philosophy
from the ultimate stand point where no assumptions were made.

One more thing which the book reminded me was that philosophy is the
most ancient science and not a small number of modern (social or human)
sciences were forked from philosophy. For example, psychology, sociology,
linguistics, history and so on. Furthermore, even some areas of natural science
are also influenced by philosophy especially positivism which phenomenology
criticized constructively.

In this sense, it might be useful to try to study philosophy again
for understanding evolutionary theory, in particular, evolution of
human brains.

But, I'm not sure how long it takes for me... :(

No comments: