Wednesday, April 18, 2007

NEC V850 CPU Board Power ON

Well, it's about the V850 CPU board I wrote before.
As I'm not good at soldering, I asked one of my colleagues to assemble separated parts including a USB connector, several external pins and a crystal module.
Today, finally the guy gave me completed board, and it's the Power ON ritual(?) day for the V850 board. It worked without any trouble, and you can see its LED on the upper left corner is lighting.
Thanks, Furukawa-san! :)

Now, I'm considering what I should do next, but I guess I'd write a small monitor program.

BTW, I found an excellent report page about the board. (Japanese only, at this moment)
I'm a pure software guy, and so I cannot compete with him. :o


Interface Magazine, May 2007
CPU : NEC V850 (uPD70F3716GC, 20MHz) Internal Flash ROM 256KB, SRAM 24KB


No comments: