Tuesday, June 30, 2009

IE7 Slow Blank Page Issue

Since I upgraded IE from IE6 to IE7, I've been wondering why this browser is so slow when I open new blank pages. Usually, it takes about 5 to 10 seconds or so. It was really painful. :(

But, I found the solution finally today here. :)

First of all, "Tools" > "Manage Addins" > "Enable or disable Addins", and choose "Click on Addons Currently Loaded in IE."
On Japanese version Windows, the sequence is "ツール(O)" > "アドオンの管理(A)" > "アドオンを有効または無効にする(E)", and choose "現在 Internet Explorer で読み込まれているアドオン."

The above page says to disable "SSVHELPER CLASS", but in case of me, there were more add-ons and extensions affecting the behavior.

I disabled the following add-ons, and
  • CPwmIEBrowserHelper Object
  • Java(tm) Plug-in 2 SSV Helper
  • JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class
  • ThinkVantage Password Manager
  • Windows Live Toolbar
  • Windows Live Toolbar Helper
  • Windows Messenger

I kept the following add-ons.

  • Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper
  • RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin
  • Shockwave Flash Object

Now, my IE7 open blank pages very quickly without any troubles. :)

No comments: