Wednesday, May 27, 2009

In Memory of Kaoru Kurimoto

Today, Kaoru Kurimoto, the author of Guin Saga, past away because of cancer. She was only 56 years old, and her biggest work Guin Saga was left incompleted.

It's almost 25 years ago when I began to read the Guin Saga series and since then I was always waiting for her new book. Originally, the series was scheduled to complete at 100 books, but actually it was too optimistic(?) estimate and this year she released 126th book. Furthermore, the story looked like continuing at least 25 more books for me.

She indicated several times that she had already written a note of synopsis of the finale, but I'm not sure if the note will be made public. Maybe, it could be the longest and incompleted novel written by a single author.

Anyway, impossible...

I pray sincerely for the repose of her soul.

No comments: