Friday, August 15, 2008

Day 312 : A Cell Phone



In Japan, mid August is the season of lantern festival.
Of course, I took this year's summer vacation in this season and stayed at my home town.

The above is a snapshot when my daughter got a (toy) cell phone from her grand mother and was doing some kind of ritual(dance?) to express her pleasure. :o

BTW, in the lantern season, it's believed that ancestors visit their homes and stay there several days. The altar behind her is her (late) grand father's one, and I hope that he enjoyed the stay of this year well. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute! My youngest daughter got another play cell phone for her birthday this year. The oldest daughter gets to play with our old (real) cell phones when they get upgraded. :)

Anonymous said...

Ah I like the pix and your description.

Yes, humans may pass away but they continue by raising their off springs, one generation and then the next generation and the genes continue ......

please send me best regards to your grandma, mother, and uncle T!