Sunday, November 07, 2004

Mona


Yet another new OS topic, Mona.

Mona is a new multi-server model microkernel based operating system
written in C++. One thing interesting about this OS is that the
project began through a discussion in a really really big Japanese BBS
system, called '2ch'. Thus, the projects seems to be going on using an
ideal(?) bazaar model. :o)

Different from OSASK which I wrote about yesterday, now networking
supports seems to be one of hot topics of the Mona team. At least for
now, Nov. 3, 2004, only ARP and ICMP seem to work, but I'm expecting
TCP/IP works not so far future. :)

BTW, the project has several design documentations.
I found some sequence diagrams (of UML? possibly) among them and
a bit surprised. Sequence diagrams of OS! Amazing, isnt't it? :o)

One more thing is the following panic. :o)

Of course, I was kidding while trying a demo floppy. But, I think it's questinable that we can kill the 'idle' process. :o)

Apart from that, anyway GUI works and many OS geeks are joining to the
project. So, I expect they will make a good progress.


No comments: