Sunday, November 21, 2004

Dark Blue World

I have several DVDs I've not watched yet.

As I had no appointments in this week end, I wached "Dark Blue World".
It's a story of two fighter pilot and a woman during the second world
war, and in a sense, it's a sad story with a lot of air combat scenes.
Some people might feel it like "Perl Harbor" or "Top Gun", but the
film has a bit different atmosphere from them.

One thing interesting about this film is that in Japan it's
distributed by the studio GHIBLI which is well known as
Hayao Miyazaki's studio. Perhaps, it looks like strange that GHIBLI do
that, but it's well known that Miyazaki loves very much weapons and
stories about them specially the ones before WW2. In this sense, we
could say that Mamoru Oshii has a similarity with Mr. Miyazaki. :o)

I think it undoubted that both of them influcenced a lot of media
creators in the world like Wachowski brothers. But, I'm not sure if

they share the same preferences with Miyazaki and Oshii.

Perhaps, this can be one of the peculiar aspects of Japanese animation
creators. :o)

No comments: