Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A Burning Project

From this April, I was assigned to a special task force team intended for trouble shooting of IT systems, and from this April I'm working with a troublesome project that has already cut over from their previous system last year.

Since my team joined to the trouble shooting of the project, we pointed out several technical problems ans their solutions. But, the customer does not seem to like to change their current configuration parameters.

Yes, the essential problem is not technical ones but ones of process. :(

In other word, none of them does not want to make decisions.
Furthermore, for me they look like that they don't want to take responsibilities doing so.
IMHO, that's why the project is burning.

BTW, the direct customer of my team is not the customer above, but a system integrator that built the system for the customer. The system integrator team is also trouble some in the same sense. I mean a system integrator SHOULD show the correct way to operate a system and persuade the customer to convince what is correct even the correct solution has risks somehow.
But, the project team of the system integrator accepts whatever the customer says like a slave. :(
Sometimes I speak with colleagues of mine, "Perhaps they (the project team of the system integrator) are masochistic?" :o

That's another problem of process.

What can I do for them?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.