Monday, March 22, 2004

INNOCENCE

I watched "INNOCENCE" by Mamoru Oshii yesterday.
I'm not sure if there are readers of this blog, but
still I'd like to ask reader's impression of the film.

Its visual effect is really really fascinating. In this
sense, the film is great. Better than even compared
to "LAST EXILE" which was available recently
in Japan.

But what about the story?
Is it a love story?
Or, a speculative story about near future society? Presumably both.

But from the latter point of view, I'm not satisfied by
the plot and conclusion. Although I cannot disclose
the conclusion, but if you watched the seventh
story of S.A.C. at least, we might share the same idea about the difference
between a human and a machine. I'm still feeling
there might have been another kind of truth about
the murder by a doll in the prolog of the movie.

Meanwhile, there were many empty seats around
me. I wonder "INNOCENCE" also might be accepted
better in USA than in Japan like "Ghost in the Shell".

No comments: