Friday, March 26, 2004

The Da Vinci Code


We had three succesesive rainy days in Tokyo.
I don't like a rainy day because I'm discoraged and often cancel plans to go
out somewhere or to do something outside. :(
On such a day, it's a good idea to spend time reading books.
In these days, I'm working on a mystery novelby Dan Brown,
The Da Vinci Code.

I'm a buddist ;o) as is common in Japan and not familiar with Christianity.
ut, this novel is interesting because it focuses on the hidden history of
the Christianity. This book has more than 100 chapters and about 500 pages,
but it took me only two weeks to have done about two third of the book.
For my case, this is as fast as the case of Harry Potter, and I'm going to
study the history of western Christian world again after finighing this book.
There seems to be a lot of communities on such topics including
the Holy Grail or ancient secret society in Europe.

Meanwhile, Dan Bowns plain English helped me as opposed to J.R.R. Tolkien
case (except many French proper nouns). :o)


No comments: