Monday, September 02, 2013

In Memory of Uncle Kazuo

Today, one of my uncles, Kazuo, past away.

He was the first boy of my mother's family and he stayed with my grandma, his mother, all his life through at his birthplace which is famous for the summer festival.

Since his school days, he was a very good runner and got good results at track and field meets.
I remember well that when I was a kid he showed me medals he won at various competitions and I was proud of him.

My grandma past away last November at the age of 100 and we had the first lantern festival ceremony in this July. It's the most important milestone after a person past away in Japan.
He took care of grandma for years, thus, I thought he can enjoy his own life henceforth.
I hope he enjoys his next life with grandma and grandpa in heaven.

RIP, uncle Kazuo.

No comments: