Friday, February 13, 2009

Rhythms of Life



Rhythms of Life
Russel Foster and Leon Kreitzman
ISBN 4-8222-8161-9 (Japanese Translation)

As I wrote several times, I've been reading books on evolutionary theory recently.
I felt that biological clock is one of the most fundamental function of life, and I wanted to know the origin of that. How it was formed and developed.
Kreizman's book describes history of study of rhythms of life, especially circadian rhythm, and its current status in detail. He covers very wide variety of topics around biological clock from genetic level to macroscopic level.

After all, the origin of the rhythms does not seem to be clear even now.
I was disappointed a bit to know that, but after thinking a while, I thought it's no wonder because the very early stage of the origin of life is still in cloud.

I'm wondering which is earlier researchers reveal the origin of life or the mechanism of intelligence...

Finished on 2009/02/13.

No comments: