Friday, December 05, 2008

Google Infrastructure



Google Infrastructure (グーグルを支える技術)
Keisuke Nishida
ISBN 978-4-7741-3432-1

This book seems to be one of best seller IT books in Japan this year.
The English title above is not official one, but my translation.
I'm not sure if the wording has good sense or not, but anyway I think it describes the book enough.

The preface of the book says, "What Google has done is taking future computing in advance."
But, I do not subscribe to this point of view. IMHO, essential points of what Google has done are:
  • Make good decisions on various trade-offs
  • Concentrate on what they really needed
and that's all. It's depends on what kind of goal a company shoots for whether a decision is good or not, or what is needed for a company, I think.
So, I'm wondering if my employer can learn from Google's success now.

No comments: