Friday, November 07, 2008

Third Degree



Third Degree
Greg Iles
ISBN 978-0-340-92059-6

The latest paperback of Greg Iles.
I like Iles' books mainly because he has wide range and deep background knowledge and he develops plots nicely quick.

But reading this book, I felt its plot development is a bit slow. Maybe there are two reasons why I felt so. Firstly, the story is set mainly in one house and throughout the book tense atmosphere keeps going a bit monotonically. Secondly, Iles didn't write from a viewpoint of the male leading character at all. Here, I mean a doctor, the husband of another female leading character, by that.

Maybe the doctor is not the leading character, but still I'm feeling it better giving readers to understand the psychology of the tragic doctor.

Anyway, I'm waiting for his next novel, Devil's Punchball, in paperback which is scheduled in this July. Ah, well, it's because I usually read books mainly in trains, not because I want to save money. :o

Bought on 2008/09/22
Finished on 2008/11/07

No comments: