Saturday, November 03, 2007

ThinkPad X61 : A Big Trouble

After more than 4 months hibernation, finally I began to setup my ThinkPad X61.

I resized the Windows partition and created Linux partitions 4 months ago, and so it's ready for installing a Linux distro. But, I did recovery before moving on to the production phase.
Yes, it's better safe than sorry. :)

Well, of course I created recovery CD and DVD without any troubles and kept the hidden recovery data partition intact. Thus, I never imagined that I would have difficult troubles.
  1. When I tried to do recovery using the system recovery disk, its installer complained that there was not enough space.
    Even the partition which the installer was trying to copy files was created by the installer itself! :(
  2. After restoring the recovery data partition and did recovery booting from it, Windows reported "Unknown hardware error..." :(


Thus, at this moment, even Windows does not boot. :(

BTW, I guess some guys say, "Abandon Windows!" (Hey Sam, it's you. :o)
I know.
But, I need Windows because of my office works. :(

What can I do....?

No comments: